When selling a new grill to a customer, it’s a good idea to suggest accessories that can help ease the grilling process while also making it more fun.
- Thermometer: There are a variety of grilling thermometers and having one that can gauge the temperature of the meat as well as the grill can be extremely helpful.
- Skewers: Having a good set of skewers will ensure that your kebob gets cooked evenly on all sides.
- Grill Cleaning Brush: A good set of cleaning brushes can help make it easier to scrape off the excess fat, juices, sauce, etc. that builds up on the grates.
- Long-handled Spatula, Tongs and Fork: Being able to turn, flip and hold one’s food from a safe distance to the flames is essential to anyone grilling.
- Gloves/Mitts: Gloves might not be the first thing to come to mind when thinking of barbecue accessories, but they can be very helpful when handling hot skewers or pans.
Of course, these are only a few accessories that can help people get started. The Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association (HPBA) is a great resource for retailers and consumers alike. Be sure to check out their barbecue accessory tips here.